Thursday, March 18, 2010

What an interesting blog this is turning out to be

Although I've tried to be more discreet, this blog is essentially becoming my "truth" blog.

And it is here, that I will candidly admit I did not get into UCLA. It hurt for a few seconds, but then I was over it. Honestly, it was kind of a blessing in disguise. Because now, as stressful as it is, I have another chance to pick my future out of a hat...or rather, to really REALLY think about what I want to be in life.

I'll probably end up telling ppl anyway, in my policy of unfortunate honesty.

So now, my headache, which was blissfully removed by a hot shower, has returned in full force.

Why is it that it's so hard for me to decide between law and English phD? Now that I know t hat I'm already bored of teaching, now it's time for me to think about wtf I want to do.

I try to think about what I will regret both ways.

In law, I would regret sleep and being a stereotypically good person. No more smiling nice eyes, no more coddling fourth graders or going to sleep at night knowing I'm a good person. My conscience is on sale for a fixed price.

In English, I would regret....time. Because after four + years of study, it no longer glitters the same way it did. I believe I referred to English as my happy divorce- after Berkeley, we parted on amicable terms.

Gosh. I could apply to Claremont, and teach for a year. but that's just time a-wastin, and more student loans which will inevitably pile up on top of my old ones.

I could apply to some PCC study abroad thing, just to get the hell out of Arcadia. But that again, is wasting money and precious time. I could be home, at an internship or working on my grad school apps- if I applied to law school, I would definitely apply to places like NYU or Hastings or even LA one last time, early decision.

If I applied to ENglish, I'd hae to...

fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment