What I've found is that being an adult- being responsible, etc.- actually has its perks. Having a clean, neat room makes me feel less stressed, just plain feels cleaner. Being early feels responsible, less nerve wracking, and rather pleasant. And not procrastinating is just plain rational.
I think (and I hope) that I'm slowly transforming into a type A personality.
Anyway, tonight was alright. Today, actually, was okay. I felt grumpy, and resentful, and awkward...but then I realized surprisingly that I might just be beginning to accept myself. So what if I'm shy and awkward around new people? Americans may praise extrovertedness but that doesn't necessarily mean being introverted means you'd be exiled.
I like who I am. I try to appreciate who I am- all my dark secrets, solitary hours, and unfortunate quirks, and raging tempers and impatient bits- and I think that's essential to learning how to be happy.
During evenings like these, when I'm alone, it is very useful and pleasant to peacefully and contentedly spend time with yourself- smoothing on fragrant sweet pea lotion, watching TV lazily, just enjoying my own company.
Definitely a good skill. A rare peaceful night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment